Friday, January 11, 2013

"Bad Mamma Jamma": Tilda Swinton


This weeks Bad Mamma Jamma is a woman who in one second can seem super vulnerable and helpless and then the next be one of the scariest damned women you’ve ever seen in film. Tilda Swinton is this weeks BMJ! Born Katherine Mathilda Swinton in London, England she has been in tons of films and here in the U.S is known as Cate Blanchett. Come on! I cant be the only person to mix the two of them up! I hope she doesn’t see this because she could probably kick my ass even at the age of 52.


After college she started off in small theaters groups and foreign films before making it big here in films like The Beach, Vanilla Sky, and of course as the Ice Queen in the Chronicle’s Of Narnia films where she was super evil and scary. She beat up lion Jesus and wore his damned fur! How evil is that? Seriously. I need to know. I got a pair of scissors and the L.A Zoo is a bus ride away.


This summer she’s gonna be in Jim Jarmusch's next film Only Lovers Left Alive which is a vampire film and if she doesn’t play a vampire then something is wrong with the world. I really liked her as the angel Gabriel in Constantine. Even if you don’t wanna see that movie check out the end with her and Peter Stormare facing off. Its worth it.


Swinton is one of those rare nowadays actresses that have an actual style. She has been cast as a man multiple times and was the inspiration of an entire clothing collection. “The other day, I was going through the airport security and I was searched by a male security guard. I'm very often referred to as ‘Sir’ in elevators and such. I think it has to do with being this tall and not wearing much lipstick. I think people just can't imagine I'd be a woman if I look like this.” I assume the person that called her “sir“ was never seen again.

Click here for previous Bad Mamma Jamma’s.

No comments: