Sunday, January 20, 2013

"Bad Ass Mofo": Bill Paxton


The fact that I’ve done as many of these and have not mention Bill Paxton is a travesty. This guy has done roles that either made me laugh, cringe, or laugh at him. He can go from being a sleaze ball like in True Lies or the world’s most terrifying father in the thriller Frailty. I present to you this weeks Bad Ass Mofo!

"Don't worry, boy. Everything is gonna be just fine..."

Born in Fort Worth, Texas, Paxton managed to escape the second scariest state in the country and become a star. He has been in blockbuster films like Titanic, Apollo 13, and Terminator. If you don’t remember him in that look him up. It was during the 80’s when he seemed like he had lost his damned mind. Don’t believe me, check him out in Near Dark with equally insane previous BAM Lance Henrikson and Bad Mamma Jamma Jenette Golstein. He was the battiest damned vampire ever.


My first real exposure to him was in Weird Science where he played the asshole brother Chett. I hated his guts. He tortured his younger brother and his nerdy friend who just wanted to get laid by a woman that they’d created using a computer that if you had it today wouldn’t be able to upload a picture if you let it sit for a year. This was still during his crazy stage.


He kept himself occupied every year with film and TV every single year except 1999 where I assume he decided to chop down trees with his bare hands. In Aliens as Private William Hudson he said everything that my ass would’ve said if I were stuck on a ship and having to fight creatures that spit and bled acid. His “Game over, man! Game over!” line has been used in everything from other movies to video games.


Paxton starred on Big Love for five years and was recently on The Hatfield’s & McCoy’s. He has a ton of films set up to come out this and next year and I doubt it’ll be stopping anytime soon. This guy is a national treasure. Its getting harder to find BAM’s that are under the age of 40. You young actors need to step your game up!

This is for my secret weapon.

Click here for previous Bad Ass Mofos.

No comments: