Wednesday, June 6, 2018

You Had One Job: New Joker Movie



Last year I heard talks of a Joker movie being made rolled my eyes so hard that I went back in time to seeing his portrayal in Suicide Squad and passed out. Names have been thrown around playing him such as Jared Leto again, Leonardo DiCaprio, and Joaquin Phoenix. Just knowing that this is on the horizon is like walking a plank with swords to your back and a pile of shit at the end. I know I am taking this ridiculously hard but it is because I love the Joker so damned much. I've written about who should play him in the past and am mad that Adrian Brody has still not been mentioned to play him. People need to work with me. I got Doctor Strange right by casting Benedict Cumberbatch.


This sequel is allegedly about how he became the Joker that appears in Suicide Squad which I have no desire to learn about. You see, every few years in comics someone shows up and says “We have this awesome, mysterious character. Let's tell people how they got to be the way they are!” The thing is, no one cares. No one asked. They did that with Wolverine years ago and it stanked. Frank Miller did a great version in comics with The Killing Joke (great comic, horrible movie) and it was like “Okay, cool. This makes sense.” But people were not satisfied and turned him into some evil spirit that has been around for years and all kinda nonsense.


There are other movies that are supposed to come out like a sequel to Suicide Squad which is laughable at this point. A Harley Quinn and Joker movie which from flashbacks in Suicide Squad is not something I am clamoring for. Oh, and a Gotham City Sirens (who?!) movie as well as a Birds Of Prey one which no one wants just as they did not want the series. Yes, there was a series. I forgot to mention that this standalone movie is not supposed to be tied to the other DC Universe movies because that's not confusing at all. I'm still not even sure if Joker from Suicide Squad is the same one from The Dark Knight. I still want DC to just wash their hands of anything made after the Christopher Nolan movies. Just start from scratch and use the characters from these dozens of series that have hundreds of episodes with a built in audience. Or not and just have people continue to shit on your films. As someone that has two Batman tattoos I'll be fine if you never made another one.

Click here for previous You Had One Job.

No comments: