Friday, April 24, 2015

You Had One Job: Jared Leto Joker

So...yeah. They released the image of Jared Leto as The Joker for the upcoming Suicide Squad movie and my first reaction was “Oh, no...” followed by “Why?” I had seen a picture of Leto walking around with short green hair and I liked it. To me it meant that they were going with a classic version of Joker and not leaning on Heath Ledger's version. But after seeing this picture I kinda wish they had. I don't hate the way this looks. It would be cool to me if it wasn't supposed to be Joker. I'm just not digging this. The teeth. The tattoos. 

I just can't. 

I like a scary Joker, a silly Joker, or a terrifying Joker. This one looks like a member of Die Antwoord. I can't even really say that I'll check this out when its in theaters because the more I learn about DC's upcoming films the less I care. I do have to say that I am happy to see a picture for one of their films where the character doesn't look like they just got back home from a funeral.

Click here for previous You Had One Job

No comments: