Wednesday, December 3, 2014

You Had One Job: Suicide Squad Cast Announced


Warner Bros. has released the cast for the upcoming Suicide Squad movie in 2016. I was really excited about this movie...until I saw the cast. Now, there are some actors that while I enjoy do not think they should be in this movie. I am not super emotionally invested in this team. I had a few comics when I was younger and the team rotates its members. Even so, there is one on this version of the team I've never heard of and one that while I've heard of would never commit to film. Can't they just make a live action version of the animated film? Shark isn't even in this. 

Jared Leto as Joker


I wrote a blog about who I think could play Joker of Leto hadn't signed on (click here for that). I have no problem with him playing Joker. Hopefully he does his own version and doesn't try and imitate Heath Ledger's version. 

Will Smith as Deadshot


Nope. No way in hell should Smith's name be attached to this movie. His age isn't even the problem. The fact that its Will fucking Smith is. He used to be interesting and entertaining but that was close to 15 years ago. Most people probably don't even know who Deadshot is anyway. He is good at killing.

Tom Hardy as Rick Flag


I have no idea who the hell Flag is. I can honestly say I've never heard of him in all the years I've read comic books. That doesn't bother me so much as the fact that they are using the same guy that played Bane. That bugs the shit out of me. It took me long enough to forget that Human Torch and Captain America are the same guy. But using Hardy is too close considering there will be interaction between him and Batman.

Margot Robbie as Harley Quinn


I have only seen Margot in The Wolf Of Wallstreet but when I heard she was playing Harley I got happy. She has the look and I believe the attitude to make the character work. Hopefully they work on her back story somewhat since its so interesting. I doubt they will, but it would be cool.

Cara Delevingne as Enchantress


I have no idea who this chick is. I looked her up and she has been in a movie or two but is a model. She looks like hundreds of other women and I honestly have no interest in seeing Enchantress in a movie. None.

Jai Courtney as Captain Boomerang


Oh, come on! I have seen quite a few of Courtney's films and he stinks. He looks great. He looks like a tough guy, but once he starts talking and having to act its like “Yeesh.” I have grown to like Captain Boomerang as a character but with this guy playing him its gonna be hard to deal with. I'm being nice. Courtney blows. 

Click here for previous You Had One Job.

No comments: