Thursday, April 23, 2015

The Review: Escape From Alcatraz


I decided to watch the 1979 film Escape From Alcatraz starring Clint Eastwood. Years ago I went through a phase where I would rent movies starring actors that are now old and seeing why they are famous. With Eastwood it was a lot of Westerns. I never really wanted to watch this one because prison stories are easy to make bad. Thankfully I really enjoyed this movie. I was filmed well, good sound, acting was decent, and the characters were memorable.


This is about Eastwood playing real life criminal Frank Morris after he is arrested and sent to Alcatraz because he keeps on escaping whatever prison he is in. He meets the warden who is an asshat as well as some friendly prisoners and some that want him for his man-meat. Eastwood also drops an n-bomb and I was like “How has no one used that in a song?” This was a cool movie and really easy to get to. The prison break is pretty damned tense and though Morris is not a good guy I for some reason wanted him to get away.

Click here for previous The Review

No comments: