Tuesday, August 27, 2013

"Bad Ass Mofo": Kevin Durand


Damn those Canadians. They always end up coming here and looking hotter than us, more talented, and the worst part is that they look just like us. This weeks Bad Ass Mofo is a guy that I actually used to confuse with the previous one, Karl Urban. I've seen this guy in plenty of movies where sometimes he is the most memorable part. I actually go “Cool!” when he pops up in some movies because it means that at least I'm about to see some violence occur. This weeks BAM is the one and only Kevin Durand!


The earliest film I can recall seeing him in was Walking Tall where of course he plays a bad guy. Next up for me was Smokin' Aces where he plays one of the Tremor Brothers. As soon as I saw that movie I thought that they should have their own film. One of the brothers is Star Treks Chris Pine. Durand was also in The Butterfly Effect and Big Mama's House 2 which proves that not everyone is perfect.


He later popped up in X-Men Origins: Wolverine where they took a guy that could have easily been Sabretooth and ended up being The Blob for some damned reason. He was also in 3:10 To Yuma, Robin Hood, I Am Number 4, Real Steel, and Legion where he was the coolest thing about it. That is the thing about this guy. He will be in a film and be the most interesting and noticeable part.


In a world where the tough guys from films are in their late 50's and early 60's its about time for dudes like Durand to get a chance to shine. I should not have such a hard time finding cool ass guys that have shown over and over again that they should be doing far more with their careers. This year alone he has five films coming out including The Mortal Instruments: City Of Bones and Fruitvale Station.

Click here for previous Bad Ass Mofos

No comments: