Friday, August 16, 2013

"Bad Ass Mofo": Karl Urban


Its been quite a while since I have done one of these. There are two reasons. One, Photobucket is now a pack of bullshit and they completely redid their site so that I couldn't edit pictures the way I wanted. I know it sounds small but I try to keep some form of consistency. Second, it is getting harder to find guys that qualify, to me, as a Bad Ass Mofo. This guy is not only qualified but he may actually be overqualified as being a BAM. I present to you Karl Urban!

"Hi."

Born in New Zealand Urban got his start at the age of 8 and later as a teen. I had seen this guy in films and had no idea that it was the same person. Apparently I had forgotten that he was on Xena: Warrior Princess with Bad Mamma Jamma Lucy Lawless. He was in Lord Of The Rings and I thought “This guy is intense!” and figured he was just some guy that would be the background dude but not get a real role in films. Thankfully, I was wrong.


In The Bourne Supremacy he popped up as the main antagonist and once again I didn't know this was the same guy. He was awesome in this and I watch this about every two months. He went through some weird ass films where he was the lead or close but they didn't fit him. Pathfinder stank and Priest was even worse. 


It wasn't until he did Star Trek in 2009 where it was like “Okay, he's still good.” Then he was in Red being a total fucking bad ass. Seriously, so many people have not seen that movie and it is really good and he is awesome in it.


Lately he's been in Dredd which he was made to play but had a shitty plot and Star Trek Into Darkness which looked great but had a shitty plot. This guy is a fucking acting machine and has a great look. He just needs a role that lets him be everything that he is. Funny, clever, threatening, and intense. Give it to him!

Click here for previous Bad Ass Mofo

No comments: