Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Won't Be Fooled Again: Wayward Pines


Ha! Nice try, Wayward Pines! I'm not even going to begin to fall for this shit. As soon as I saw the trailer for this I knew that it was bullshit and yet another one of those shows that you know has no clear ending in sight (even though its based off of a series of books) and that there was no point to getting invested because you know it will get canceled because Fox.

"The series stars Matt Dillon as Ethan Burke, a U.S. Secret Service agent investigating the disappearance of two fellow agents in the mysterious small town of Wayward Pines, Idaho. Ethan awakens from a car accident unable to contact the outside world, and unable to leave. He finds one of the agents dead and the other, his former mistress Kate Hewson (Carla Gugino), settled down in the seemingly idyllic town. But the inhabitants of Wayward Pines are trapped there by a set of rules enforced by the sinister Sheriff Arnold Pope (Terrence Howard), and any attempt to escape is punished by a public execution known as a 'reckoning.'"


Its not just the fact that they did the ad for this using that same goddamn pose you have seen in other series that makes the same mistakes (click here and here to check those out) where the whole cast is standing together in shadows or mist. Its also the fact that M. Knight is attached to it. That guy has fucked me over as a movie goer more often than not and he gets no more chance from me.

I guarantee you that this goddamn show will not be completed and likely canceled in the middle of the second season if it even gets one. I am tired of getting invested in shows which is why I hardly check out new ones. Like, that awesome ass one on Amazon called Hand Of God didn't get picked up but that one The After did and had just one fucking episode. Even when I wrote the review I knew it would not last. Wayward Pines has the stink of incomplete.

No comments: