Monday, May 4, 2015

You Had One Job: Suicide Squad


The new image of the cast of the Suicide Squad movie came out while I was caught up in the Mayweather/Pacquiao fight and hanging with a cute chick all weekend. I went to Twitter dodging Age of Ultron spoilers (I'm seeing it today!) and saw the cast and got confused. Not just because they look like a group of bad guys that would be in any B-level action film, but also because I didn't know who most of them were. Here they are listed by the photo above.

Slipknot (Adam Beach), Captain Boomerang (Jai Courtney), Enchantress (Cara Delevingne), Katana (Karen Fukuhara), Rick Flagg (Joel Kinnaman), Harley Quinn (Margot Robbie), Deadshot (Will Smith), Killer Croc (Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje) and El Diablo (Jay Hernandez). Or three Punisher's, a ninja woman, a raver, some sick woman, a monster, a Black Punisher, and a gang member. Some people are upset that the Joker isn't in this image. He isn't on the team and shouldn't even be in this already bloated film.

My response was “Who? Oh. Uh. Who's she? I know him. I know her. Oh, that's how Deadshot looks? That's how they have Croc looking? Who is Diablo?!” Now, I'm not a huge fan of this team so I have no attachment to them. But I always get bothered when comic book based films go wrong with the look of a character because there are hundreds of images of the characters to use as an example of the look. If you didn't tell me what movie this was and asked if I would see it I'd say no. Not because I don't know who they are but because they don't look interesting. If this movie manages to be cool I will be genuinely shocked.

Click here for previous You Had One Job

No comments: