Monday, April 2, 2018

The Review: Suicide Squad Hell To Pay



Suicide Squad: Hell To Pay 8/10

Holy crap this was awesome! Suicide Squad: Hell To Pay was exactly what I wanted it to be. I did not realize that it had been four years since that last cool movie Batman Assault On Arkham. Click here to check out that review. Two times now they have managed to do in animated form what that expensive ass movie could not. Just take some criminals that will have their heads blown off if they do not follow orders, put them in a shitty spot where some will die, the end. Just make sure Deadshot and Harley Quinn live and you're good. My only real complaint is that they made Amanda Waller skinny. I always like when she is this big, Black woman.


After sending Task Force X (Deadshot, Count Vertigo, Black Manta, Punch, and Jewelee) on a mission that goes sideways she sends the Suicide Squad to find a get out of hell free card. I shit you not. They find out all about it from Dr. Fate and I loved that part of the story. The team in this movie is Deadshot, Harley Quinn, Captain Boomerang, Killer Frost, Copperhead, and Bronze Tiger. I was not familiar with Copperhead or Bronze Tiger but loved each of their characters in this movie. I had not even heard of some of the other bad guys but liked them in this.


As this movie continued they threw in more twists and turns that I did not see coming. I really liked the animation, CGI used at the right times, and voices in this. The story was more complex than I was expecting and shows that with the right writing that you can make characters that are not popular or well known likable and cool. I will be watching this again. I will say though, all the DC animated movie covers look like trash.

Click here for previous The Review.

No comments: