Tuesday, April 21, 2020

The Review: What We Do In The Shadows Episode 1



Episode 1 “Pilot”

I got to check out the FX series What We Do In The Shadows with CK and I'll be damned if this show isn't funny as hell. It was just the pilot episode but still if it stays this funny I'll watch the whole thing. I had seen posters for it last year but had no desire to see it because I thought that it was just a remake of the movie with a different cast. I was wrong. Totally different vampires. It has a set up of everything being filmed and it made me laugh during one scene when they acknowledged the camera because I kinda forgot about it.


There are four of the vampires living together and two familiars (humans that handle things for the vampires like cleaning and finding victims). There is Nandor the Relentless because he was...relentless. There is Nadja and Laszlo. Nadja is the one who turned Laszlo into a vampire years ago. She has an obsession with this guy that looks just like a guy she killed during sex years ago and thinks he is reincarnated. I don't know too much about Laszlo just yet. The fourth vampire is an actual energy vampire which cracked me up every time he was on screen. He was an literal energy vampire. At work he drew energy from talking to people until they fell asleep or get strength from being annoying. The face he made whenever he left the room killed me.


This was a funny ass episode and I am glad that is surpassed my expectations. I also needed another series to get into along with the couple others I have been watching and reviewing. This came out last year and apparently there is another new season that just started so I don't feel too far behind considering there are only ten episodes in the first one.

Click here for previous The Review.

No comments: