Thursday, September 15, 2011

"Fighting Words!": Terra Nova


If you know me then you know that I like making uninformed comments. Do you think I’m gonna wait till that show Terra Nova starts to start talking about how ridiculous it looks? You must be crazy! When I first saw the commercial for this I thought it was for a Jurassic Park series or something. That film set the bar high in terms of special effects and how a dinosaur should look.

                                                          “What ya’ll cookin’?”

“The show begins in the year 2149, a time when all life on planet Earth is threatened with extinction. In an effort to save the human race, scientists develop a time machine allowing people to travel 85 million years back in time to prehistoric Earth. The Shannon family join the tenth pilgrimage of settlers to Terra Nova, the first human colony on the other side of the temporal doorway. However, they are unaware that the colony is in the middle of a group of carnivorous dinosaurs.”

                                                    The perfect place for kids!

Okay, so let me get this straight. We have managed to fuck the planet up to the point where we have to go back in time for a better life?! All right. I can suspend disbelief. Seriously. I can. But what I cant suspend is science! There are a lot of arguments caused by time travel. We all have as many views on this than we do on religion. I say we fuck up time once we discover a dinosaur skull with a dozen or so bullets in it. Or a human skeleton decomposed inside the rib cage of a T-Rex. We cant do this! And why 85 million years? Is that some magic number? And how can we manage to create time travel but we cant fix whatever the hell problem we’re running from? And none of those assholes that went back in time before this last group decided to give them a heads up like, oh I don’t know, warning them that goddamn dinosaurs were there?!

                                                                            Naw…

No comments: