Monday, December 5, 2011

TV Slut: I Hate My Teenage Daughter

There’s a new show on Fox that I’d seen commercials for and caught on accident called I Hate My Teenage Daughter. I hate to say it because I would love for Jaime Pressly who plays Annie to hate not boning me but this show sucked. I’m not gonna say to give it a chance because its new because she is not new to the TV game. She was on My Name Is Earl for years. The problem I have with this show is that I hate her teenage daughter too. I would like this show way more if it were just about her and her friend Nikki played by Katie Finneran. They are interesting and I was digging the show until their daughters showed up. Its funny because one of them is mixed and I was like “Her mom is super White and yet her hair is taken care of…” which we all know is a lie. I had two mixed ex’s and their White mothers could not handle that hair.

When their daughters Sophie and Mackenzie appear they are immediately unlikable. Just as I mentioned with New Girl there is a thin line between quirky and fucking annoying. These girls are apparently the types of girls that made fun of their mothers in high school. Annie makes a lot of references to being home schooled and not being allowed to watch TV growing up so she misses a lot of references. Her friend Nikki has a rumor that she ate her cat that will not die. The daughters are super spoiled and you want to slap them. The hatred I have for them isn’t even funny. And the ex husbands are dicks and not likable. Come on now!

In this episode there is a dance the moms wont let their daughters go to because they locked a handicapped kid in the girls bathroom for two hours. I shit you not. These girls are the devil. I wanted to like this show because there are so few new shows that I watch…meaning none. And when I do I end up terribly disappointed. Wendi McLendon-Covey from Reno 911 was the only shining moment as the principal who went to school with the two ladies. Even watching Jaime Pressly dance couldn’t cheer me up.

No comments: