Monday, November 28, 2011

"Bad Mamma Jamma": Summer Glau


“I came to act because I wanted to do lovely period dramas. Very Jane Austen. But I guess I have become more of an action girl. I have no complaints!” Summer Glau

The crazy thing about this weeks Bad Mamma Jamma is that when I first saw her I didn’t think much of her. Summer Glau grew on me over time. She is almost the opposite of everything I want for a Fap File but for a BMJ she is the perfect candidate. My exposure to her was from this awesome show that quickly jumped the shark called The 4400. I was like “This chick looks weird. But not…” Little did I know that she was already on the short lived Fox series Firefly. This was the first in a pattern where she would appear in shows that got canned fast.

Firefly, The Unit, Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles, Dollhouse, and The Cape. I was surprised that The Big Bang Theory was brave enough to have her on. She grew up as a ballerina which is very evident when you see her in some of her performances. I think what truly won me over was a fight scene in the movie Serenity (based off the Firefly series) where she whips a room full of aliens with a couple of axes. The last thing I would want as a bad ass creature of for a 100 pound girl to not only kill me and my boys but look pretty while doing it. For the Terminator series she says that she had not even seen the films before doing it. Probably for the best. You see the last two films? I’m not sayin’, but I’m just sayin’…

Summer gets ranked in many magazines as one of the sexiest women alive. I don’t quite agree with that. She is graceful, cute at times, or unique. With lots of makeup and computers she can be turned sexy but that just takes away from how special she looks without it. I look forward to her doing something that shows more of her personality and not just the fact that she can beat people up while looking like something that should be sitting on top of a box that plays music when you turn the key. Actually, when looking at her I get a total Sigourney Weaver vibe. And that’s never a bad thing.

No comments: